- Shrimp2 PoundsBoil shrimp, peel and coarsely chop
- Eggs3Boiled and chopped
- Green onion1Chopped fine
- Celery1/2 StalkChopped fine
- Crab boil seasoning1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic powder1/2 Teaspoon
- Mayonnaise2 TeaspoonsAdd more mayonnaise based on how you like it
- Paprika1/2 TeaspoonDry seasoning
This past weekend, my husband and I went fishing, We had bagged shrimp that we kept on ice that we used as bait. After a nice day of catching redfish, catfish and croakers we still had shrimp left over. As soon as we got home, I took the shrimp off the ice and rinsed them, put them in a pot of crab boil and the end result was shrimp salad.
- You can also use shrimp that are already peeled.
- Shrimp salad is as simple as making tuna salad. The recipe is simple but so so tasty.
Bring water to a rolling boil and then add raw shrimp into pot. Add a 1/4 cup of crab boil seasoning to the water and boil until shrimp turn pink for about 5 minutes. Let soak for 5-7 minutes and drain. Do not rinse. Once shrimp have cooled, peel them and chop coarsely. Boil 3 eggs until hard boiled, peel and chop. Add chopped eggs to the shrimp. Chop green onion and celery fine and then add that to the shrimp. Sprinkle the crab boil seasoning and granulated garlic. Add mayonnaise and mix well. Serve using an ice cream scoop over a bed of lettuce.