- Strawberries2 Pints(sliced fresh or frozen)
- Strawberry Glaze2(containers)
- Cool whip
- Any type of cake(If you bake a cake, you will need to cut to fit the shape of the bowl)
Create this beautiful Strawberry Shortcake in a truffle bowl. You don’t have to be a master baker to make this delicious dessert. If you have a larger group, this can also be made in a glass punch bowl. If you don’t have time to bake a cake, it’s just as good to use store bought cakes, pound cake, brownies, cookies, angel food cake or even twinkies. If you’re a chocolate lover, use chocolate twinkies or chocolate cake. Another variation is to make individual desserts using the small 9 oz. clear cups. Cut twinkies in half and place standing up around the rim of the cup. Alternate cool whip and strawberries with glaze. Top with a fresh strawberry.
- Begin by placing cake on bottom of truffle or glass bowl . Cut to fit.
- Mix together the strawberries and glaze
- Add strawberry mixture on top cake
- Add cool whip and spread over strawberries.
- Alternate until you reach top of truffle bowl .
- Make sure to end with strawberries and glaze.
Cook time: depends if you make cake or buy store bought. Serving size: 8-10