- Ground meat3 Pounds
- Crawfish3 CupsSubstitute shrimp
- Crabmeat16 OuncesClaw or lump crab meat
- Bell Peppers12Cut in half to make 24 peppers
- Breadcrumbs2 CupsItalian or Plain
- Rice2 CupsCooked long grain
- Onions1 Cupchopped
- Tri colored bell peppers1 CupChopped
- Garlic1/4 CupChopped fine
- SaltTo taste
- PepperTo taste
- Cayenne Pepper1 TeaspoonOptional
- Chicken stock1 CupGradually add until desired consistency
An all time favorite around our home. Everything has to be in sync when we make them. Bell peppers must be at least 3@ $1.00. Seafood must be accessible and ground meat must be on sale. Today, while grocery shopping my husband called me up to say bell peppers were on sale. That was music to my ears. When making this recipe, we tend to make at least 48 by cutting 24 bell peppers in half. Once they are made, we make sure there is always enough for the freezer.
****There are many variations to making stuffed peppers. You can make them without rice. You can add crushed tomatoes, You can add crawfish, shrimp, crabmeat. Put ingredients into your peppers that you and your family enjoy. It is also optional if you want to boil your bell peppers for a about 15 minutes until tender or you can stuff them without boiling them. My family likes to boil the pepper because we eat the bell pepper along with the stuffing.
- Cut peppers in half. With sharp knife, remove white membrane inside peppers. Wash and pat dry.
- Arrange peppers in baking pan. If one is uneven, slice a bit off the bottom to allow it to stand freely.
- Brown ground beef with onions tri colored bell peppers and garlic.
- Add seasonings to the melted butter, add cooked crawfish or shrimp, crabmeat and rice. Add bread crumbs and blend well. Add dry seasonings to taste. Add chicken broth gradually until all ingredients are mixed together. If too soupy, cook until some juice is cooked off.
- Stuff peppers with ice cream scoop to keep the uniformity.
- Bake 350 for 30 minutes.
** If there is any stuffing left over, I’m sure you will know what to do with it. Enjoy!