- Cabbage(cut in one inch circles)
- Corn on the cob4 - 6
- Broccoli1 Cup
- Vegetable medley1(small bag)
- Whole garlic4 - 6(diced)
- Olive oil
Somedays it’s good to plan an all veggie meal as a way to incorporate more vegetables in our diets. My husband asked, “Where’s the meat? ” I told him we were having grilled cabbage steaks and other grilled vegetables for dinner. Sometimes it’s a matter of preparing foods in different ways, so eating veggies doesn’t get boring. After everyone cleaned their plates, no one complained that there was no meat.
- Take one large cabbage, cut into one inch circles and season
- Place a small amount of olive oil on an indoor grill or cast iron pan
- Brown each side and place on the side in a pan
- Grill corn until it browns on all sides
- Cut onions and grill
- On a large baking pan, place cabbage, corn, broccoli, vegetable medley, onions and minced or whole garlic.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place in oven uncovered
- Roast in oven until your desired tenderness (20 minutes is recommended)
Serving size: 4-6. Cook Time: 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne.