- Bread4 Cups(8 slices)
- Raisins1/2 Cup
- Milk2 Cups
- Butter1/4 Cup
- Sugar1/2 Cup
- Eggs2(slightly beaten)
- Vanilla1 Teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg1/2 Teaspoon
This recipe was submitted by one of my Facebook friends who follows my page daily. She submitted her recipe today and wanted to share with us.
- Heat oven to 350
- Combine bread and raisins in a large bowl
- Combine milk and 1/4c butter in a 1 quart saucepan
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted
- Pour milk mixture over bread and let stand 10 minutes
- Stir in all remaining ingredients
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and cook for 40-50 minutes or until set in center
1/2c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2c heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp vanilla
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in a 1 quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens and comes to a full boil (about 5-8 min). Add vanilla.
- To serve, spoon warm pudding into individual dessert dishes and serve with sauce. Store refrigerated.
I like to top mine with crushed pecans.