Jamaican Jerk Shrimp Taco
As a person who loves to experiment in the kitchen, I’m always looking for different ways to prepare foods. My family had taken a Cruise last year and we visited Jamaica. After arriving there, we took an excursion to one of the local areas. While driving, there was the most fragrant smell coming from a local restaurant. We decided to follow our noses and soon discovered that the smell was a dish prepared with jerk seasoning. When I got home, of course I went in search of Jerk sauce, seasoning and wanted to recapture that delicious smell.
- Marinate the shrimp in the the jerk marinade for at least 30 minutes or over night.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat until cooked, about 1-3 minutes on each side.
- Toss the coleslaw in half of the crema.
- Assemble tacos by placing the coleslaw on the tortillas, followed by the grilled shrimp
- Add uncooked bell peppers and cilantro
- Finally drizzle crema on top of shrimp and vegetables
- Garnish with Avocado and lemon wedge
Pina Colada Crema
Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes Servings: 1 cup. All of the flavors of pina colada in a crema that is perfect for jerk tacos and other Caribbean inspired dishes!
Ingredients for sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons pineapple
2 tablespoons coconut cream
1 tablespoon rum (or 1 teaspoon rum extract) (optional)
Puree all ingredients for sauce in a food processor