- Whole Eggplants2(slice to desired thickness)
- Ground beef or Ground turkey1 Pound
- Tomatoes1 Cup(chopped)
- Grated mozzarella cheese1 Cup
- Grated parmesan cheese1 Cup
- Cilantro1/4 Cup
- Oregano1/4 Cup
My husband and I have a favorite spot where we always find fresh vegetables on sale. Eggplants seemed to always be marked down and we didn’t want to pass the sale up. I started thinking of other ways to use them other than making baked or stewed eggplants. My thought was to use the base as my crust and then add toppings if I were making a pizza. The very first time making them they were a hit, so Eggplant pizzas have become a regular on the menu in our house. My grandson loves them as an after school snack.
- Cut eggplant into circles about 3/4 inch. Sprinkle salt onto eggplant to allow water to come to the surface. Let sit for 2-3 minutes and then dab with paper towel.
- Cook ground meat or ground turkey, season and drain. Set on the side while preparing the eggplants.
- Place the cut eggplants on a baking pan and sprinkle with oregano and garlic powder
- Add a generous scoop of ground meat or turkey
- On top of that add diced tomatoes
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan
- Bake on 375 degrees for about 10 minutes
- Turn oven to Broil and toast until cheese is golden brown
- Garnish with cilantro and serve
This serving size will be for four to six people.