- Chicken or Fish(4 - 6 oz)
- Onion1(medium size)
- Garlic Cloves5(chopped)
- Miniature Tri Color Bell Peppers4
- Baby Carrots10 - 12
- Broccoli2 Cups
- Stalks of Celery2
- Potatoes cut in quarters3(medium size)
- Drizzle tablespoon of olive oil in each dinner in a bag
- Pats of butter in each dinner in a bag2
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Salt, pepper, Granulated Garlic to taste
- Parchment paper or Foil
This is a great recipe to get the whole family involved. Simple enough for the kids to do and they can select the foods they like for their own personalized meal. Place everything in a separate bowl and watch everyone build their own dinner. This is a great time to use up left overs as well. If there are potatoes left from a crawfish boil add that in for a delicious meal in a bag. This is a great meal to plan l on a busy day. Make ahead and when it’s dinner time, it’s just a matter of popping in the oven.
- Start off by deciding what vegetables and meats you want to use.
- Place each vegetable in a separate bowl. The vegetables should be raw.
- Season your meats with salt, pepper and lightly sear on each side for about 2 minutes.
- You do not want to cook the meats all the way, since it will continue to cook and steam in the oven
- The fun part about this meal is everyone can create their own meal and have fun in the kitchen. I would suggest to use small red potatoes or left over potatoes that are already cooked, since they will take longer than fresh or frozen vegetables.
- Give everyone their sheet of parchment paper or foil.
- There is no right or wrong when it comes to placing the food items on the parchment paper.
- Season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Add olive oil and butter. Add sliced lemons.
- Once everything is selected, fold together and tuck each side under to close tightly.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Before opening the package, let cool for a few minutes. Watch for steam when opening. Take a fork and pierce and tear open.
Serving size 4-6. Prep time: 30 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes. Serve with any vegetables (squash, zucchini, eggplants, corn, tomatoes, cabbage, brussel sprouts)