- Crawfish Tails2 CupsPeeled and deveined
- Soft Cheese2(15 ounce ) Salsa Con Queso in a jar
- Milk1 CupLow fat or whole milk
- Onion1/2 CupFinely Chopped
- Bell Pepper1/2 CupYellow or Orange
- Garlic1 TablespoonsFinely Chopped Fresh
- Parsley1 TeaspoonDry or Fresh
- Cayenne PepperTo tasteOptional
- Tortilla Chips1Any kind or your favorite bag of Tortilla chips
- Cheese1 CupGrated Cheddar
- Jalapeno Peppers1/2 CupSlices
My son came home from college and asked me if I knew how to make Crawfish nachos. I looked a little puzzled since I hadn’t heard of that before. He told me that they sold this item in Lafayette around campus and they were delicious. He didn’t quite know how they made it, so I told him I would make up my version and see if it passed the test. Well, after I made them the first time, he said mine were better and had more crawfish by far. So this has come to be a favorite that I prepare when he comes home to visit when on break during the school year.
- Saute a half stick of butter in saucepan.
- Add onion, bell peppers, garlic and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add two jars of Salsa Con Queso (Tostitos Brand)
- Add one cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Pour milk into saucepan and blend with other ingredients.
- Add peeled crawfish and make sure they are well coated.
- Add parsley and cayenne to mixture and stir.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- While Crawfish and cheese are simmering, pour tortilla chips onto a plate.
- Scoop Crawfish mixture over tortilla chips and serve warm.
- Garnish with jalepenos (optional)